Jacqueline Fernandez talks to Medha shri


"Namaskar" Says Jacqueline Fernandez


Jacqueline Fernandez had a dream debut with legend Amitabh Bachchan and veteran actors Sanjay Dutt and Ritesh Dutt as co-stars in a fantasy flick, Aladdin. Recently she became hot property after her Murder 2 became a hit. With some big projects in her kitty, she has shifted base to India. (First published in ATELIER).

How do you like it in India? What is it that makes you fall in love with this country?
India is my home now. I think it is the excitement in the air, in the city, the people, there’s something new happening here in Mumbai every single day. It’s a very “alive” city. When I’m in India, it’s unlike anywhere I have been before.

And how’s Bollywood been treating you?
It has been an interesting journey in Bollywood. It does take a lot of hard work to survive out here in the industry, but the great thing is that hard work does pay off eventually. Bollywood is like family to me now. It’s so exciting working here that it makes me want to work more and more and be a bigger part of the Bollywood fraternity

Is it taxing to keep up with what Bollywood demands in terms of fitness, dieting, networking and looking good? How do you cope up with that?
Yes, it is taxing to keep up with the demands, but that’s why you’ve got to enjoy what you do. I think it’s very important that you have a great team working with you, so you are not on your own to take on everything that happens in and around you.

We heard you have been working on your Hindi. Speak a few lines for us, please.
Namaskar, mera naam Jacqueline Fernandez hai. Mujhe aap logon ka pyaar pa kar bohut khushi milti hai. Apne darshakon ka pyaar mere prati isi tarah badtah rahe, meri yehi aasha hain (Namaskar, my name is Jacqueline Fernandez. Your love gives me a lot of happiness. I hope my viewers will continue to love me more and more).

Were you a tomboy or a girlie girl while growing up?
I was both. I would have a tough time making up my mind whether I wanted to be at home and play with my Barbie dolls or go out and play football with my brother’s friends. I was torn between the two.

As a child, what did you see yourself as?
I always saw myself working in the entertainment and glamour industry. However, at that time, I did not realise it would be in the Bollywood industry.

How did Bollywood happen?
Bollywood happened because I was in India doing several modelling projects and that’s when I auditioned for Aladdin.

A sexy siren versus a good actor, what do you choose and why?
A good actor, because a good actor has more shelf life, you last long. Also, a good actor can essay any role.

Staying away from family and friends must be overwhelming. Do you miss family a lot or have you made friends close enough who take care of you and hang around with you?
Of course, I miss my family. There are times when I’m homesick, which is why I’m very involved with my work. I keep myself busy with my work. But yes, I do think I’m at a point where I’ve made friends whom I can trust and call at any time.

The thing that you miss the most about Sri Lanka, other than your family, of course, is…
The beaches and the food. I miss my grandma’s cooking.

What are some of the craziest things you have done in Sri Lanka, India and in Bollywood?
In Sri Lanka, the craziest thing I did was joining Miss Sri Lanka. In India, the craziest thing I did was in Goa, while I was out there shooting. I indulged in many water-sports, which were adventurous and fun. In Bollywood, the craziest thing I’ve done would be Murder 2!

Quickly then…
I love Bollywood for: The sheer joy of movie making.
I hate Bollywood for: Erratic schedules.
My dream Man: Jamie Oliver.
An annoying habit I would change: My forgetfulness.
All the link-ups made me: Laugh.
 
image1
Jacqueline walking the ramp in Manish Malhotra
at IIFA Toronto
image2
Meet Miss Sri Lanka, who’s been a muse to many an international designer from Australia to Singapore, Dubai to Sri Lanka. Enchanting audiences with her beautiful smile, Jacqueline Fernandez is riding high. Medha Shri talks to her about her childhood dreams, Bollywood and her dream man.

No comments: