Kangana Ranaut (interview excerpts)

Bollywood is a difficult place, says Kangana Ranaut; interview by Medha Shri

This is not something that a leading female star in Bollywood will admit to easily, but Kangana Ranaut confesses that the film industry does make actors insecure. "It's natural to be insecure in an industry where hundreds of beautiful, young girls walk in every day. It's a difficult place," says Kangana.

The 26-year-old adds that it is, therefore, important to reinvent yourself. "I want to grow and learn as much as I can. I don't want to limit myself," says Kangana, who recently was enrolled in a screenplay writing course in New York, USA, but gave it up midway to promote her new release.

"I don’t want to be known for just being a pretty little thing. I want to be remembered and loved even when I have grey hair," she says, explaining why she took up the course. And while achievements make her happy, failures don't affect her for long. "Failure does affect you at that time. It's a weekend thing that you deal with. But in your mind you know where you are headed," she says.

First published in Hindustan Times

No comments: