Kristen Stewart, Bella Swan, Twilight

'It was immature of Rob to propose to me’
... says Twilight star Kristen Stewart in a chat with DT about Robert Pattinson’s proposal, their friendship, and being envied by female fans while walking next to him. Read on ..
MEDHA SHRI, Times News Network
You started off as an actor when you were eight years old. Do you think you missed out on childhood?
No. I don’t think so. My family has always been in to the entertainment world, and I liked acting since childhood. I used to actively participate in school plays as well. I loved films because I always wanted to tell tales and when I use to switch on the TV, I wanted to be there. So I enjoyed my childhood.

You couldn’t complete schooling. Do you wish to study further? What would you like to pursue, and in which University?
I’m not going to school or college as of now, because I can’t take the educational structure, but I’m not going to stop learning. May be some time later, I might go to University of Sydney as my mom is from Australia.

You have earlier said, “Star’s life is a false reality.” Why do you say that?
Stardom is fleeting and annoying sometimes. It is what everyone wants, but I want to be an actor first. I think stardom does attack one’s personal life, but I’m happy with my life because I still live an ordinary one. I hang out with friends, go out for walks, enjoy weekends when I get time, and celebrate birthdays of friends and family. So I haven’t let stardom take over my personal life. I have always tried to segregate both.

If you had to describe your real self, how would you?
I am like you or any other normal person. I like reading books. I love writing. I love films, and I do go and watch the films on theatres with my friends, like anyone else. I love Music. I love classic rock a lot. I love composing and singing and strumming my guitar when free, and now I am learning piano too. Over all, I am a girl who knows her ambitions and goals, and the correct path to achieve the same. I have no regrets.

How do you deal with rumours?
I don’t care about rumours much, but if it gets too personal – which has happened a couple of times – I feel bad and helpless, for deep inside, I know that it is all fake and harming my image, and when I am reading and watching it, I feel like it should just stop then and there, and people must know that it’s not true. So, I better let it go and luckily questions in interviews like this one pops up and I get a chance to clear my stand and tell the world what actually is the truth.

You also have a keen interest in writing. Would you want to write scripts or direct a movie?
I do want to work on writing, because it’s a skill after all, and my passion too. I want to make books. I want to take pictures, and then write all over the pictures. And then, I don’t have to say a complete story, because I have the picture, and I have just a word. So yeah, I have started writing, you can say, and I am doing that along with a friend. No plans for direction though. I am fine at what I do the best – acting and writing.

Music is also one of your hobbies. Will you be singing in any of your movies?
Yes it is, and favourite indeed. Well that’s one thing which also bonded me and Rob (Robert Pattinson) on the sets, and we became very nice friends. He is a cool musician and he just rocked the stage. I recall many instances when we use to beat our stress out, playing music like rock stars. It was like a rejuvenating experience all the time, and would end with appraisals from the crew. Singing professionally – I don’t know, I want to try, but after I have done a couple of more huge projects like Twilight… lets see. Though I am doing a bit in The Runaways, and did a little in Intohen I do ed.

You must have been mobbed by fans often. Do you remember any weird fan encounters?
There hasn’t been any such instance which would be weird. But I think, when I am with
Rob for promotions, the female fans are jealous I guess, and it shows. All of them want to meet him, and have a taste of his byte on their necks, which Rob rejects, so they must be like envying actually.
However in another instance, when Rob was off to Japan, me and Taylor were in Brazil, so I remember, a guy was chasing us badly and not for me or Taylor, he was instead shouting Robert.. Robert, and that too in such a weird accent, I can’t really explain. And then, I saw him and started laughing at him so bluntly. He must have felt bad, but then I couldn’t control myself. Taylor just took me away, and joined me laughing like mad. Oh my god, it was so so funny.. I told Rob, and would you believe it, all of us went on rolling and laughing for 15 long minutes.



No, I am not at all dating Rob. He did propose to me, but it didn’t work out. I guess it was premature of him to propose me. He felt the same way when we discussed. However, we are very good friends, and I don’t know how wrongly our relationship has been portrayed in the media. Look, we are very close buddies, but no way are we going around. If there was something such we wouldn’t hide it from the world.

What do you look for in a boyfriend?
An understanding person would do, for I might have become a star in people’s perception, but I am still a normal girl like I was before. I still love going out on walks, after the shoot. That’s why, instead of going to the hotel, I am set on for walks most of the time.

Which are your favourite actors?
It has to be Jodie Foster, whom I looked up to in my childhood and early teens. She’s not just an actress, she’s a director, a producer and a writer too. You don’t see her much in the press. She’s very, very well respected, very professional. I am lucky enough to have worked with her in Panic Room. I also admire Evan Rachel Wood a lot. Among males, I just love Heath Ledger. He is a superb actor. Now I am proud to say that my list of favourite actors also includes Robert Pattinson post the Twilight franchise.

Is there a particular status or position you aspire to achieve?
I don’t want to be like anyone. I never want to be a superstar like an Angelina Jolie. I am an actor, that is what I would prefer myself to refer to as. I would be happy if people don’t compare me to anyone. I would love to establish my originality as an actor.

Do you plan to visit India anytime soon? What do you know about India?
Not sooner, but yeah, for sure some time in near future as I am really very fond of travelling. I believe in going places and enriching knowledge for that is actually the best way to educate oneself. I know about the films there, with songs and the popularity – which is so amazing. Then it is the Indian food I have heard of, especially the pulses and spices. And yeah, the yoga of course.

Have you been offered any films in Bollywood?
No, no offers yet.

Would you like to act in one of the Bollywood flicks? Have you seen any Bollywood film?
I don’t mind doing Indian films, as I love experimenting. But just like my clothes, you know when I try new clothes, it has to be elegant, so has to be the film. I don’t want to do just another film outside Hollywood. It should be a nice film with some decent actors and a powerful story. And yah, I have seen East Is East.

So are you and Robert Pattinson dating each other?


No comments: