Saif Ali Khan interview excerpts:

Modi is glamorous: Saif Ali Khan

Actor Saif Ali Khan and wife Kareena Kapoor recently met the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. While Kareena is thrilled about clicking a selfie with the PM, Saif says he found him "glamorous".
In a freewheeling chat, Saif talks about the meeting, his open letter, and social media.

How was it to meet Modi?
I found Narendra Modi glamorous. It was wonderful meeting him; he is so kind. It’s not every day that you get to meet the leader of your country — one who is so humble. He gave a wonderful speech and he has my 100% support.

Your open letter on Love Jihad, where you defended inter-religion marriages, became quite popular on the internet.
I don’t think it’s important for you to be important on the internet, that doesn’t last for very long. Popularity on the internet goes up and down. But that was from the heart and something I really meant. I don’t think religion is that important. How does it matter if you are Hindu or Muslim?

Is that why you are not on Twitter or Facebook?
I am not on Twitter because I don’t have something to say all the time ... though I may change my mind one day. In fact, with so much going on, it might be important to tap into that voice and clarify things. So social media can be important, but it can also be very frivolous.

First published in Hindustan Times


No comments: