Sushmita Sen will have an incredible marriage, wants to work with Aishwarya Rai and more (interview excerpts)

Sushmita Sen

I'm looking forward to acting with Ash: Sushmita Sen 


She is known to live life on her own terms and her joie de vivre is ­contagious. Actor Sushmita Sen likes to love, and has no place for harbouring hate. In her signature style, she ­dispels the reported rivalry with actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, with whom she may share screen space in Prahlad Kakkar’s upcoming film.

“I live my life loving people; not ­loving is a waste of time and life. I’ve never known Aishwarya well enough to call her a friend. But I think she is a great human being. In those days, our lives ran parallel. ,” says. Ash’s one-time rival and former Miss Universe, Sushmita Sen, and adds, that she is looking ­forward to work with her in adman Prahlad Kakar’s debut Bollywood directorial, Happy Anniversary. “Aishwarya, I am looking forward to working with you! The truth is that Prahlad, Ash and I go back a long way... to our (1994) beauty pageant days.”

It has been long since we saw you on the big screen. Why have you been away?
Yes, it has been quite ­some time. I want these three years to come back. I want to do great cinema. 2014 is my year ... I used to say this to people earlier, and now it is turning out to be true. I am doing a few films and then I am ­starting my own studio.


Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Is marriage on your mind? Are you in love? 
It has been on my father’s mind more than mine. I will have an incredible marriage when I know I have found the right person. Do I love? Yes. Am I in love? No.

Age does not seem to be ­catching up with you...
You have to love yourself and accept everything about ­yourself. People reject things like ageing. But every ­wrinkle, every line makes us who we are, those are what we have earned. Today, I am 38. Tomorrow I will be 40 and I will still celebrate myself ... After I ended up with a bad back 10 years ago, a young boy introduced me to the acrobatic concept of aerial silk. It’s about training your mind before body. I took to it like a fish to water.

How do you stay so positive? 
You become what inspires you. You should do what you like. If you want to be an actor, become one. I wanted to be famous, so that I could touch lives. I wanted to leave an impact that will stay long after I am gone and dusted.

You just got your seventh tattoo.
Earlier, I had my children’s name. My seventh tattoo is inspired by Kabbalah and it’s God’s name in Hebrew, Elohim. In English, it means “I am that I am”.

First published in Hindustan Times

No comments: